Thursday, April 14, 2011

Striving for imbalance

I read another article today about that mythical work/life balance. Here's a good part:

"Instead, do as these women did, and strive for imbalance [emphasis mine]. Pinpoint the strong-moments in each aspect of your life and then gradually target or tilt your life toward them. This means being as deliberate as you can about making them happen. It means investigating them when they do happen, looking at them from new perspectives, and celebrating them. Above all, it means giving them the power of your attention."

Be here, NOW. When at work, think about work. When at home, think about home. I fall out of touch with the world on the weekends, because I'm almost never in front of the computer. I'm catching up on household stuff, sure, but I'm also having movie/pizza night, taking hikes, going for longer runs, and making sure my weekend is the escape from my work week it's meant to be.

The other stuff can wait.

Jacket: Style & Co., gifted
Sleeveless white bubble shirt: Nicole, bequested, DA
Green plaid skirt: Jones Wear, thrifted
"Jade" necklace: bequested

No comments:

Post a Comment